Where everyone is welcome...NO EXCEPTIONS!
We sincerely hope and pray that you, your family, and loved ones are doing well and staying healthy while navigating this time of pandemic. In this time of social distancing, the United Church of Christ is bringing communities together in new, healthy, and meaningful ways. Your ongoing support of the United Church of Christ OCWM has already made impacts in the time of COVID-19. Your generosity to OCWM (Our Churches Wider Mission):
• has equipped and trained churches to host online worship services and meetings.
• helps us stand with our global mission partners on the frontlines of addressing the pandemic and caring for those who become ill across the world
• with our advocacy office in Washington D.C., have prompted thousands of UCC members to call on their representatives and senators to implement just legislation for the most vulnerable among us – the elderly, the sick, the poor
• has helped show our church, and other churches, how to shift from in-person offering plate giving to receiving sustaining gifts electronically and through the mail
Yet, this is just a small sampling of the work we do together, nearly 5,000 churches and 825,000 people strong. In addition to addressing the pandemic, we need you to help us further help Central Congregational Church and churches across the world. With a gift today, you will be doing things like:
• Providing worship and the ability for our Boards and Committees to meet online to deal with issues facing our church during this challenging time
• Delivering resources and hosting meetings to advance generosity and gratitude as we struggle together
• Offering time-sensitive information from National Setting staff and officers via topical webinars, video interviews and special messages
The United Church of Christ needs your support during this critical time as we continue to help the global community navigate this unprecedented crisis. Together, we remain strong. For more information on how the United Church of Christ is managing the crisis, including videos, please visit https://www.ucc.org/coronavirus.
Please return the enclosed special Easter Offering envelope by mail, or send a check through your bank online with OCWM written in the memo line.
May God be with you during this blessed Easter Season.
Rev. Carole Baker, Pastor
For the Mission Committee